• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - African American Heritage Site

North Gleason Park Pavilion | Photo © 2020 David Bulit

North Gleason Park Pavilion

North Gleason Park North Gleason Park in Gary was first developed in 1920. Originally named Riverside Park, it was renamed after the U.S. Steel Superintendent and park board president William P...

Lovell's Barber College | Photo © 2020 David Bulit

Lovell’s Barber College

Lovell Amison, Founder of Lovell’s Barber College Lovell’s Barber College was started by Lovell Amison, who was born in 1912 to Pearlene and Willie Amison in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. He came...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer